Tuesday 22 January 2013

VIKINGS!!!

At work we are doing a few new activities and fancy fixtures to inspire creativity in visitors, one of these was a volcano, and another was a Viking Longboat, so naturally this challenge fell to me...

Using only paper I made a simple to make Viking Longboat and (hopefully) easy to follow instructions as well as a little watery shelf display and two simple flat Vikings...
Here are some pictures:


This is my tiny prototype model which I made in a few hours after work.
After getting the go-ahead on the design I quickly made the final ship (which is 3 times bigger, just a bit longer than A4) and two little Vikings...




I took the boat into the store where it was decided that it needed a base, or at least something to sit on like foamboard... and so, the following evening I made this...




These are now on display in the Hobbycraft in Maidstone!
I also made a little paper me (using my Make-a-Me template) which is pinned to my front with a little chalkboard, but I forgot to take pictures... plus he is currently in a locker...

Here's a flat version:


More on that later...




Probably.

In the mean time, here's a rather nifty link to the instruction sheet for the LongBoat!

http://alexsnowling.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/the-mighty-viking-longboat.html

No comments:

Post a Comment